Welcome to saentrepreneurs®, a service provided by saentrepreneurs Limited (“we” “our”, or “us”).
Saentrepreneurs is the first social business platform between Switzerland and the Arab world where anyone can create a business profile and share it everywhere.
Uploading your profile with photos, video, logos, brochures about your products and services…etc provides international business community a powerful transboundary tools enabling them to easily share with their counterparts via a specialized social network.
Saentrepreneurs is a business service platform that allows users to create, post and share profiles on the web and access to economic information and data about the Arab world and Switzerland.
Our mission is to connect business people from the Arab world and Switzerland and elsewhere to allow them to be more productive and successful.
Content uploaded by users to our platform can be viewed by the other registered members, or used by the web site in the magazine (Links), in order to boost Swiss Arab economic relations.
Individuals can access our platform both on computers and via most Android and iPhone devices.
There are a free part of the platform which is available for the public, with no need to be registered, however, to access the protected parts of the platform, individuals must have a registered account. We offer a variety of account types which provide different features, tools and services.
- Description of the Platform This provides a general description of the Platform, its features and functionality.
- Your Saentrepreneurs Account This section explains your responsibilities should you choose to register for a Saentrepreneurs® account.
- Your Use of the Platform This section sets out your right to use the Platform, and the conditions that apply to your use of the Platform.
- Your Content This section deals with ownership of your content, and includes your agreement not to upload anything that infringes on anyone else’s rights.
- Grant of Licence This section explains how your content will be used on Saentrepreneurs® and the permissions that you grant by uploading your content.
- Representations and Warranties This section includes important promises and guarantees that you give when uploading content to Saentrepreneurs® - in particular, your promise that everything you upload and share is owned by you and won’t infringe anyone else’s rights.
- Liability for Content This section explains that Saentrepreneurs is a hosting service and that its users are solely liable for material that they upload to Saentrepreneurs®.
- Third Party Websites and Services Through Saentrepreneurs® you may have access to other websites and services. This section explains that these are separate third party services that are not under the control of Saentrepreneurs.
- Blocking and Removal of Content This section makes it clear that Saentrepreneurs may block or remove content from the Platform.
- Disclaimer This section explains that Saentrepreneurs® cannot give any guarantees that the Platform will always be available – sometimes even a platform as awesome as ours will have a few problems.
- Limitation of Liability This section explains some of those things that Saentrepreneurs will not be liable for. Please make sure you read and understand this section.
- Indemnification If you use the Platform in a way that results in damage to us, you will need to take responsibility for that.
- Changes to the Platform, Accounts and Pricing From time to time, we may need to make some changes to Saentrepreneurs®. This section explains your rights in this situation.
- Termination This section explains how you can terminate your Saentrepreneurs® account, and the grounds on which we can terminate your use of Saentrepreneurs®.
- Assignment to Third Parties This section deals with Saentrepreneurs’ right to transfer this agreement to someone else.
- Severability This is a standard legal provision, which says that any term that is not valid will be removed from the agreement without affecting the validity of the rest of the agreement.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction All of our documents are generally governed by Swiss law.
- Disclosures This section provides information about Saentrepreneurs, including how to contact us.
Description of the Platform
The Platform is a business service. Registered users of the Platform may submit, upload and post text, photos, pictures, graphics, comments, and other content, data or information (“Content”), which will be stored by Saentrepreneurs at the direction of such registered users, and may be shared and distributed by such registered users, and other users of the Platform, using the tools and features provided as part of the Platform and accessible via the Website. The Platform also enables registered users to interact with one another and to contribute to discussions, and enables any user of the Website or certain Services (who are registered users of the Platform) to view and share Content uploaded and made available by registered users.
Your Saentrepreneurs Account
You are not obliged to register to use the Platform. However, access to the member zone and certain Services is only available to registered users.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username and password, and you will remain responsible for all use of your username and password, and all activity emanating from your account, whether or not such activity was authorized by you.
If your username or password is lost or stolen, or if you believe that your account has been accessed by unauthorized third parties, you are advised to notify Saentrepreneurs in writing, and should change your password at the earliest possible opportunity.
You may terminate your account at any time as described in the Termination section below.
Your Use of the Platform
(1) You must not copy, rip or capture, or attempt to copy, rip or capture, any Content from the Platform or any part of the Platform, other than by means of download in circumstances where the relevant Uploader has elected to permit downloads of the relevant item of Content.
(3) You must not use any Content (other than Your Content) in any way that is designed to create a separate content service or that replicates any part of the Platform offering.
(4) You must not employ scraping or similar techniques to aggregate, repurpose, republish or otherwise make use of any Content.
(5) You must not employ any techniques or make use of any services, automated or otherwise, designed to misrepresent the popularity of Your Content on the Platform, or to misrepresent your activity on the Platform, including without limitation by the use of bots, botnets, scripts, apps, plugins, extensions or other automated means to register accounts, log in, add followers to your account, follow or unfollow other users, send messages, post comments, or otherwise to act on your behalf, particularly where such activity occurs in a multiple or repetitive fashion. You must not offer or promote the availability of any such techniques or services to any other users of the Platform.
(6) You must not alter or remove, attempt to alter or remove, any trademark, copyright or other proprietary or legal notices contained in, or appearing on, the Platform or any Content appearing on the Platform (other than Your Content).
(7) You must not, and must not permit any third party to, copy or adapt the object code of the Website or any of the Services, or reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, modify or attempt to discover any source or object code of any part of the Platform, or circumvent or attempt to circumvent or copy any copy protection mechanism or access any rights management information pertaining to Content other than Your Content.
(8) You must not use the Platform to upload, post, store, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make available or otherwise communicate to the public:
- any Content that is offensive, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, that promotes violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, incites hatred on grounds of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation, or is otherwise objectionable in Saentrepreneurs’ reasonable discretion;
- any information, Content or other material that violates, plagiarises, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right; or
- any Content that violates, breaches or is contrary to any law, rule, regulation, court order or is otherwise is illegal or unlawful in Saentrepreneurs’ reasonable opinion;
- any material of any kind that contains any virus, Trojan horse, spyware, adware, malware, bot, time bomb, worm, or other harmful or malicious component, which or might overburden, impair or disrupt the Platform or servers or networks forming part of, or connected to, the Platform, or which does or might restrict or inhibit any other user's use and enjoyment of the Platform; or
- any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional messages, spam or any other form of solicitation.
(9) You must not commit or engage in, or encourage, induce, solicit or promote, any conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
(10) You must not rent, sell or lease access to the Platform, or any Content on the Platform, although this shall not prevent you from including links from Your Content to any legitimate online download store from where any item of Your Content may be purchased.
(11) You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, by registering an account in the name of another person or company, or sending messages or making comments using the name of another person.
(12) You must not stalk, exploit, threaten, abuse or otherwise harass another user, or any Saentrepreneurs employee.
(13) You must not use or attempt to use another person's account, password, or other information, unless you have express permission from that other person.
(14) You must not sell or transfer, or offer to sell or transfer, any Saentrepreneurs account to any third party without the prior written approval of Saentrepreneurs.
(15) You must not collect or attempt to collect personal data, or any other kind of information about other users, including without limitation, through spidering or any form of scraping.
Any and all text, photos, pictures, graphics, comments, and other content, data or information that you upload, store, transmit, submit, exchange or make available to or via the Platform (hereinafter "Your Content") is generated, owned and controlled solely by you, and not by Saentrepreneurs.
Saentrepreneurs does not claim any ownership rights in Your Content, and you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that Your Content remains your sole responsibility.
Without prejudice to the conditions set forth in Your Use of the Platform you must not upload, store, distribute, send, transmit, display, perform, make available or otherwise communicate to the public any Content to which you do not hold the necessary rights. In particular, any unauthorized use of copyright protected material within Your Content (including by way of reproduction, distribution, modification, adaptation, public display, public performance, preparation of derivative works, making available or otherwise communicating to the public via the Platform) may constitute an infringement of third party rights and is strictly prohibited. Any such infringements may result in termination of your access to the Platform as described in the Repeat Infringers section below, and may also result in civil litigation or criminal prosecution by or on behalf of the relevant rightsholder.
We may, from time to time, invite or provide you with means to provide feedback regarding the Platform, and in such circumstances, any feedback you provide will be deemed non-confidential and Saentrepreneurs shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use such feedback on an unrestricted basis.
Grant of Licence
Removal of Content from your account will automatically result in the deletion of the relevant files from Saentrepreneurs’ systems and servers. However, notwithstanding the foregoing, you hereby acknowledge and agree that once Your Content is distributed to a Linked Service, Saentrepreneurs is not obligated to ensure the deletion of Your Content from any servers or systems operated by the operators of any Linked Service, or to require that any user of the Platform or any Linked Service deletes any item of Your Content.
Any Content other than Your Content is the property of the relevant Uploader, and is or may be subject to copyright, trademark rights or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. Such Content may not be downloaded, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, re-uploaded, republished, displayed, sold, licensed, made available or otherwise communicated to the public or exploited for any purposes except via the features of the Platform from time to time and within the parameters set by the Uploader on the Platform or with the express written consent of the Uploader. Where you repost another user’s Content, or include another user’s Content in a set, you acquire no ownership rights whatsoever in that Content. Subject to the rights expressly granted in this section, all rights in Content are reserved to the relevant Uploader.
Representations and Warranties
You hereby represent and warrant to Saentrepreneurs as follows:
(ii) Your Content and the availability thereof on the Platform does not and will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, performers’ rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or rights in confidential information.
(iii) You have obtained any and all necessary consents, permissions and/or releases from any and all persons appearing in Your Content in order to include their name, voice, performance or likeness in Your Content and to publish the same on the Platform and via any Linked Services.
(iv) Your Content, including any comments that you may post on the Website, is not and will not be unlawful, offensive, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, will not promote violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, or incite hatred on grounds of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
(v) Your Content does not and will not create any liability on the part of Saentrepreneurs, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, and assigns, and their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and/or shareholders.
Saentrepreneurs reserves the right to remove Your Content, suspend or terminate your access to the Platform and/or pursue all legal remedies if we believe that any of Your Content breaches any of the foregoing representations or warranties, or otherwise infringes another person's rights or violates any law, rule or regulation.
Liability for Content
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Saentrepreneurs (i) stores Content and other information at the direction, request and with the authorisation of its users, (ii) acts merely as a passive conduit and/or host for the uploading, storage and distribution of such Content, and (iii) plays no active role and gives no assistance in the presentation or use of the Content. You are solely responsible for all of Your Content that you upload, post or distribute to, on or through the Platform, and to the extent permissible by law, Saentrepreneurs excludes all liability with respect to all Content (including Your Content) and the activities of its users with respect thereto.
Saentrepreneurs and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders hereby exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all liability which may arise from any Content uploaded to the Platform by users, including, but not limited to, any claims for infringement of intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity rights, any claims relating to publication of defamatory, pornographic, obscene or offensive material, or any claims relating to the completeness, accuracy, currency or reliability of any information provided by users of the Platform. By using the Platform, you irrevocably waive the right to assert any claim with respect to any of the foregoing against Saentrepreneurs or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders.
If you discover any Content on the Platform that you believe infringes your copyright, please report this to us.
If you would prefer to send us your own written notification, please make sure that you include the following information:
- a statement that you have identified Content on Saentrepreneurs® that infringes your copyright or the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act;
- a description of the copyright work(s) that you claim have been infringed;
- a description of the Content that you claim is infringing and the Saentrepreneurs URL(s) where such Content can be located;
- your full name, address and telephone number, a valid email address on which you can be contacted, and your Saentrepreneurs® user name if you have one;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
In addition, if you wish for your notice to be considered as a notice pursuant to the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act 17 U.S.C. §512(c), please also include the following:
- with respect to your statement that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, confirmation that such statement is made under penalty of perjury; and
- your electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy).
Route de Chancy 28, 1213 Petit-Lancy (GE), Switzerland Attn: Copyright Team
Third Party Websites and Services
The Platform may provide you with access to third party websites, databases, networks, servers, information, software, programs, systems, directories, applications, products or services, including without limitation, Linked Services (hereinafter “External Services”).
Saentrepreneurs does not have or maintain any control over External Services, and is not and cannot be responsible for their content, operation or use. By linking or otherwise providing access to any External Services, Saentrepreneurs does not give any representation, warranty or endorsement, express or implied, with respect to the legality, accuracy, quality or authenticity of content, information or services provided by such External Services.
You are solely responsible for taking the precautions necessary to protect yourself from fraud when using External Services, and to protect your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content and material that may be included on or may emanate from any External Services.
Saentrepreneurs disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from your use of External Services, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against Saentrepreneurs with respect to the content or operation of any External Services.
Blocking and Removal of Content
Please also note that individual uploaders have control over the Content that they store in their account from time to time, and may remove any or all Content without notice. You have no right of continued access to any particular item of Content and Saentrepreneurs shall have no liability in the event that you are unable to access an item of Content due to its removal from the Platform, whether by Saentrepreneurs or the relevant Uploader.
If we receive a valid notification from a third party in accordance with our reporting processes or applicable law that any of Your Content infringes the copyright or other rights of such third party, or if we believe that your behaviour is inappropriate and violates our Community Guidelines, we will send you a written warning to this effect. Any user that receives more than two of these warnings is liable to have their access to the Platform terminated forthwith.
We will also suspend or terminate your account without warning if ordered to do so by a court, and/or in other appropriate circumstances, as determined by Saentrepreneurs at its discretion.
THE PLATFORM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WEBSITE, THE APPS AND ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES ACCESSED THROUGH OR VIA THE WEBSITE, THE APPS OR OTHERWISE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”.
WHILST SAENTREPRENEURS USES REASONABLE ENDEAVOURS TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PLATFORM AS SOON AS PRACTICABLE ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO SAENTREPRENEURS’ ATTENTION, SAENTREPRENEURS MAKES NO PROMISES, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) REGARDING THE WEBSITE, THE APPS, THE SERVICES OR ANY PART OR PARTS THEREOF, ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LINKED SERVICES OR OTHER EXTERNAL SERVICES. SAENTREPRENEURS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE PLATFORM OR ANY PART OR PARTS THEREOF, THE CONTENT, OR THE SERVERS ON WHICH THE PLATFORM OPERATES ARE OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SAENTREPRENEURS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY TRANSMISSION OF CONTENT UPLOADED TO THE PLATFORM WILL BE SECURE OR THAT ANY ELEMENTS OF THE PLATFORM DESIGNED TO PREVENT UNAUTHORISED ACCESS, SHARING OR DOWNLOAD OF CONTENT WILL BE EFFECTIVE IN ANY AND ALL CASES, AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION.
SAENTREPRENEURS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND SHAREHOLDERS, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL OF THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT HEREIN TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WHERE THE LAW OF ANY JURISDICTION LIMITS OR PROHIBITS THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES AS SET OUT ABOVE, THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW OF SUCH JURISDICTION APPLIES TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL SAENTREPRENEURS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF 100 EURO OR THE AMOUNTS (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU TO SAENTREPRENEURS DURING THE PREVIOUS TWELVE (12) MONTHS FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
SAENTREPRENEURS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND SHAREHOLDERS, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR:
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM:
(A) YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PLATFORM OR ANY PART OR PARTS THEREOF, OR TO ACCESS ANY CONTENT OR ANY EXTERNAL SERVICES VIA THE PLATFORM;
(B) ANY CHANGES THAT SAENTREPRENEURS MAY MAKE TO THE PLATFORM OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT SUSPENSION OR CESSATION OF ACCESS TO THE PLATFORM OR ANY CONTENT IN OR FROM ANY OR ALL TERRITORIES;
(C) ANY ACTION TAKEN AGAINST YOU BY THIRD PARTY RIGHTSHOLDERS WITH RESPECT TO ANY ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT OF SUCH THIRD PARTY’S RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR CONTENT OR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, OR ANY ACTION TAKEN AS PART OF AN INVESTIGATION BY SAENTREPRENEURS OR ANY RELEVANT LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITY REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM;
(D) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PLATFORM’S TECHNICAL OPERATION, OR FROM ANY INACCURACY OR DEFECT IN ANY CONTENT OR ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO CONTENT;
(E) YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SAENTREPRENEURS WITH ACCURATE OR COMPLETE INFORMATION, OR YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD SUITABLY CONFIDENTIAL;
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, ANY LOSS OF DATA (INCLUDING YOUR CONTENT), OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH; AND/OR
ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM MUST BE NOTIFIED TO SAENTREPRENEURS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SUCH LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND SAENTREPRENEURS AND ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND SAENTREPRENEURS, AND THAT SAENTREPRENEURS’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Saentrepreneurs, its successors, assigns, affiliates, agents, directors, officers, employees and shareholders from and against any and all claims, obligations, damages, losses, expenses, and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from:
(iii) any activity related to your account, be it by you or by any other person accessing your account with or without your consent unless such activity was caused by the act or default of Saentrepreneurs.
Data Protection, Privacy and Cookies
VIP, Pro, Basic Accounts
Certain features of the Platform are only available to registered users who subscribe for a “VIP” or “Pro” or “Basic” account (together, “Professional Accounts”).
The purchase of Professional Accounts is subject to additional terms. These terms include, amongst other things, terms relating to payment, the conclusion and renewal of your contract, your right of cancellation during the first 14 days of your subscription, and certain technical usage limitations.
Changes to the Platform, Accounts and Pricing
Saentrepreneurs reserves the right at any time and for any reason to suspend, discontinue, terminate or cease providing access to the Platform or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently, and whether in its entirety or with respect to individual territories only. In the case of any temporary or permanent suspension, discontinuation, termination or cessation of access, Saentrepreneurs shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify registered users of such decision in advance.
You hereby agree that Saentrepreneurs and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any changes or modifications to the Website, Apps and/or any Services that Saentrepreneurs may wish to make from time to time, or for any decision to suspend, discontinue or terminate the Website, the Services or any part or parts thereof, or your possibility to use or access the same from or within any territory or territories.
Saentrepreneurs may change the features of any type of account, may withdraw or, or introduce new features, products or types of account at any time and for any reason, and may change the prices charged for any of its Professional Accounts from time to time. In the event of any increase in the price or material reduction in the features of any Professional Account to which you have subscribed, such change(s) will be communicated to you and will only take effect with respect to any subsequent renewal of your subscription. In all other cases, where Saentrepreneurs proposes to make changes to any type of account to which you subscribe (Professional Account or otherwise), and these changes are material and to your disadvantage, Saentrepreneurs will notify you of the proposed changes by sending a message to the current email address that we have for your account, at least six (6) weeks in advance. You will have no obligation to continue using the Platform following any such notification, but if you do not terminate your account as described in the Termination section below during such six (6) week period, your continued use of your account after the end of that six (6) week period will constitute your acceptance of the changes to your account.
You may terminate this Agreement at any time by sending notice in writing to Saentrepreneurs at Route de Chancy 28, 1213 Petit-Lancy (GE), Switzerland, the content that you have already added to the platform, except your personal data, will be a property of the platform, should you want us to remove your content please write to us. If you have a Professional Account, and terminate this Agreement before the end of your subscription, we are unable to offer any refund for any unexpired period of your subscription.
Once your account has been terminated, any and all Content residing in your account, or pertaining to activity from your account, will be irretrievably deleted by Saentrepreneurs, except to the extent that we are obliged or permitted to retain such content, data or information for a certain period of time in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or to protect our legitimate business interests. You are advised to save or back up any material that you have uploaded to your account before terminating your account, as Saentrepreneurs assumes no liability for any material that is irretrievably deleted following any termination of your account. Saentrepreneurs is not able to provide you with any .csv or other similar file of data relating to activity associated with your account, whether before or after termination or cancellation.
If you access the Platform via any of our Apps or via any third party app connected to your account, deleting that app will not delete your account. If you wish to delete your account, you will need to write to us so we will delete your account.
Assignment to Third Parties
Saentrepreneurs may assign its rights and (where permissible by law) its obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any third party at any time without notice, including without limitation, to any person or entity acquiring all or substantially all of the assets or business of Saentrepreneurs. You may not assign this Agreement or the rights and duties hereunder, in whole or in part, to any third party without the prior written consent of Saentrepreneurs.
Third Party Rights
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
(i) This Agreement is subject to the laws of the Swiss Confederation; and
(ii) you hereby agree, and Saentrepreneurs agrees, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Switzerland for resolution of any dispute, action or proceeding arising in connection with this Agreement.
The services hereunder are offered by Saentrepreneurs platform, a company incorporated under the laws of Switzerland and with its main place of business at Route de Chancy 28, 1213 Petit-Lancy (GE), Switzerland. More information about Saentrepreneurs is available later in this document. You may contact us by sending correspondence to the foregoing address or by emailing us at contact(at)saentrepreneurs.ch.
Last Amended: 08 November 2015
Welcome to Saentrepreneurs®, a service provided by Saentrepreneurs Limited (“Saentrepreneurs”, “we” “our”, “us”).
- Our principles with respect to your information and your privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- Your choices with respect to your information
- How to contact us regarding privacy issues
We have a pretty simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarised as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your information
You should have full control over your information
We’ve designed the Website to give you control over the information you publish and share using Saentrepreneurs® account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a Saentrepreneurs® account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of Saentrepreneurs® account, you will need to provide your email address, your month and year of birth, your real name and choose a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym) and a password. In addition, if you purchase a premium account, you will also need to provide your billing address and payment verification information.
- Profile information: You have to provide additional information for your public profile on Saentrepreneurs® – for example:
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture and/or logo (if you have a company)
- The economic sector or sectors where you are active.
- Country or countries of interest (the country where you are doing business or you prefer to do business with).
- Details on your business activities, services and products.
- Details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles
Not all these information are mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time. However, in order to promote yourself and your business and to increase you chance to have the right business partner, BUT ALSO TO ALLOW THE RESEARCH ENGIN WITHIN THE PLATFORM TO FIND YOUR PORFILE it is highly recommended that you complete your profile with the maximum of information, especially your city and country in which you live, the economic sector/sectors and the countries of interest for your business.
- Non-essential information: Your gender if you wish to provide it.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: We may perform certain surveys, if you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you upload files to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, downloading files, uploading files, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, evaluation of published articles (stars system), posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your Saentrepreneurs® account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- To identify you as the creator of the articles or files that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles, will be published on your profile page. This information will be accessible by the subscribed users according to hierarchy policy and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- If you subscribe to a premium account, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and renewals and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Saentrepreneurs also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
- To analyse the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve Saentrepreneurs® and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To show you ads on behalf of advertisers, we use information that you make available to us when you interact with the Platform (e.g. by listening, favoriting), including location data, together with information you provide to us through the Platform, e.g. demographic information, you choose to make available to us (such as your age or gender) directly or through third party services. This allows us to show you ads that are more relevant and interesting to you. Please note that we do not share personal data with advertisers. Instead, advertisers pre-define a specific audience by certain generic criteria (e.g. the city of residence, the age range..etc) for a specific ad campaign. If your profile matches these generic criteria, we may choose to display a suitable ad to you. We may also display ads based on the content that you have recently viewed or searched. Before we may use location data from the app for the first time, your mobile device will generally ask you for permission first. In case you gave permission to do so, location based services in your device will collect location data for a couple of seconds. These will then be shared with us or a respective service provider.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- Other users: Any information in your public profile will be accessible by other users of the Platform (according to the hierarchical plan), who may view your profile information, and comment on any of your published articles, and send you messages. If you comment on any article on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the European Economic Area, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal data to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorised disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your Saentrepreneurs® account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, any new public articles that you post on Saentrepreneurs® or any new favourites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your Saentrepreneurs® account in order to upload and download sounds, or comment on, favourite from within the app. This will mean sharing your public information, plus access to your private articles. Saentrepreneurs is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. For information on how to control the information that your share, and how to disconnect your account from other networks or apps, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Saentrepreneurs® community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Saentrepreneurs, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
Ads displayed to you are in some cases provided by third parties. These may and as far as allowed by your settings or your device, use information about your visit and interaction with the Platform in order to show you personalized ads of products and services that may be of interest to you. Personal information such as your name or email address will not be shared with these.
Choice and control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a Saentrepreneurs® account.
Information on how to block or disable cookies is included in our Cookies Policy. Further information is available at http://aboutcookies.org.
You can use the settings within your iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting. For the opt-out, if you are using our iOS app, go to the settings of your iOS device and open the Saentrepreneurs® tab. With an Android device you need to open the Saentrepreneurs® app and open the basic settings tab within. From there you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting to stop any analytics data or bug reporting information being sent from the app. Further information is available in our Cookies Policy.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account in writing to us. Please bear in mind that, if you want to delete your account, only the personal data will be deleted, all the articles that you have published and the usage data associated with those articles will be property of Saentrepreneurs platform. You are therefore advised to upload the data that you are sure to share with the other users.
Even if you delete your Saentrepreneurs® account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines' caching processes are outside of Saentrepreneurs’ control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Access to your data
If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
International data transfers
Saentrepreneurs Route de Chancy 28, 1213 Petit-Lancy (GE), Switzerland, Attention: Legal Department
Don’t want to give us your information?
Last amended: 08 November 2015
We want Saentrepreneurs to be a community where everyone feels respected. It’s up to all of us to make sure that that happens. This page includes important information about our expectations of you while using Saentrepreneurs. Please take the time to carefully read through this information; we take these guidelines seriously and expect you to do the same.
We have always set out to build a diverse, collaborative community of creators, where everyone gets credit for the content that they make and own, and where the rights of creators are respected.
You are responsible for all activity associated with your account, including all content that you post. If you post content that belongs to someone else (for example, if you are an employee acting on behalf of a company or a legal entity), or if you use someone else’s content in a remix or other similar work, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the permission of all relevant rightsholders in order to post that content to Saentrepreneurs. Anyone uploading another person’s content without the necessary permissions is liable to have that content removed or their account terminated.
Saentrepreneurs is an open, business platform, made up of a vibrant group of people with differing views, opinions, and cultural backgrounds. We support freedom of speech and the fundamental right for individuals to express themselves, and expect everyone else to do the same. Respecting each other on Saentrepreneurs means following some basic principles:
Don’t be a bully: We have zero tolerance for abusive or threatening behavior within the community. We consider abuse to be any activity where the intent is to attack or demean someone else. Anyone found to be engaging in this type of activity risks the immediate, permanent termination of their account.
Criticize constructively: We recognize that criticism can be a valuable tool for helping each other to improve. Remember that behind each track is a person. Criticism should always focus on the content, and not on the individual who created it. Please share your opinion with others, but do so in a constructive way. Before posting feedback, always ask yourself whether you would appreciate receiving the same feedback. If not, don’t post it.
Privacy of others: Everyone has the right to privacy, no matter who they are. Don’t share personal details of another person (or entity), without their permission. This includes recordings of private conversations, photographs, unlisted phone numbers, and home or email addresses.
Don’t pretend to be someone else
As a business platform built with creator needs in mind, transparency is essential; we welcome the use of professional identities on Saentrepreneurs. However, that doesn’t mean that you can impersonate another person, or post content that is intentionally misleading. As a rough guide, you mustn’t create profiles or post content that is intended to make people think you are someone else. You must not use someone else’s name or trademark without their permission, or pretend to be associated with someone you aren’t, even if you feel that you are helping that person by doing so.
Self promotion & building your business network
Saentrepreneurs aims to help businessmen to connect directly with their potential partners. We understand that promoting your business is important, and we encourage you to build your network. In our experience, the most successful forms of promotion are built upon concrete projects, products and services.
To preserve privacy and help encourage a two-way constructive relationship between businessmen, we have technical restrictions in place to limit activity that goes against this principle. The access to the user’s data base is limited to Professional accounts in a hierarchical way according to the type of the membership; consequently the VIP user can view and access all types of the users’ profiles, i.e. VIP, Pro, Basic and Light. Pro user can access Pro, Basic and Light but not VIP profiles, whereas Basic user can access only the profiles of Basic and Light users. On the other hand only VIP users have the right to posting articles on the platform.
To help encourage a two-way relationship between businessmen, we have technical restrictions in place to limit activity that goes against this principle.
Specifically, it’s not possible to:
- Access to users data base is subject to hierarchical system.
- Post messages in large volumes
- You ca n not evaluate an article more than once (through the stars system)
As an open platform, freedom of expression is important to us. However, there are certain types of content that have no place on Saentrepreneurs. In order to protect the community and maintain positivity, please don’t post:
Pornography: Remember that Saentrepreneurs can be accessed by people as young as 13. Don’t post any content that is predominantly sexual in nature, or that could be perceived as an aid to sexual gratification. This includes, but is not limited to, images containing nudity and recordings or detailed descriptions of sexual acts. There are plenty of other places to find that content online.
Hate speech: You are welcome to share your opinions and beliefs on Saentrepreneurs, even if they might be controversial, or challenge the status-quo. However, we will not tolerate content that promotes or encourages hatred, discrimination or violence against others based on things like race, cultural identity or ethnic background, religious beliefs, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Spam & prohibited services
We aim for Saentrepreneurs to be a spam-free zone. To support this effort, we have policies in place that prohibit both spammy activity and the use of related services which violate our Terms.
The following activity is not permitted:
- Posting unsolicited links to commercial spam i.e. profiles or content whose sole aim is to drive traffic to external websites, via messages, comments, profile and track descriptions or artwork
- Creating multiple accounts with the intention of inflating the popularity of other profiles
- The creation, use, or promotion of:
- Bots or other automated means to perform social interactions;
- Services that claim to boost a profile’s popularity such as followers, plays, likes, or reposts;
- Services that sell social interactions, or other forms of promotion on Saentrepreneurs, such as charging users to repost or upload content onto another profile.
Tell us about it
Please bear in mind that something that you find unacceptable, may not be unacceptable to everyone. We try to maintain a fair and balanced approach, but reporting content will not always result in that content being removed if it does not break the rules. Either way, we will always let you know the outcome of your report.
If you break the rules
If we receive notification from a rightsholder that any content uploaded to your account infringes their copyright, or if we believe that your activity violates any of our other guidelines, we will send you a written warning. If we have to send you more than two of these warnings, we will terminate your account. In the most extreme cases, we reserve the right to terminate your account immediately, without prior warning.
To sum up
Be considerate of others, respect the law and think about these guidelines before you post. We aim to make objective, fair decisions when content is reported to us and in most cases, will send you a warning before we take any other measures. We think this is reasonable but if you don't agree, maybe Saentrepreneurs isn’t the place for you.
We may need to update these Community Guidelines occasionally, so please be sure to check back here every so often for updates.
The Saentrepreneurs Team
Version: November 2015
What is Saentrepreneurs?
Saentrepreneurs is a business platform that allows users to access economic information on Switzerland and the Arab world, create, post and share their business profiles and make comments on the published articles anywhere on the web.
Content uploaded by users to our platform can be shared to third party services (e.g. Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter) or embedded on an external website.
Individuals can access our platform both on computers and via most Android and iPhone devices via our mobile app. The website allows to access information intended to public users without the need to have an account to access such content hosted on Saentrepreneurs. However other content are reserved to registered users. In order to avail of our hosting services, individuals must have a registered account. We offer a variety of account types which provide different features, tools and services.
Certain features of the Platform are only available to registered users who subscribe for a “VIP”, “Pro” or “Basic” account (together, “Professional Accounts”). Below, you’ll find a few additional terms that apply to those Professional Accounts and Professional Account holders, including, amongst other things, terms relating to payment, the conclusion and renewal of your contract, your right of withdrawal during the first 14 days of your subscription, and certain technical usage limitations.
Professional Account Features and Prices
A detailed description of our Professional accounts, including the prices and the features associated with each type of account, is available on our Professional Accounts page.
All prices include VAT or other sales tax where applicable.
Selecting and Purchasing Professional Accounts
Simply select the Professional Account you want to purchase from the Professional Accounts page, enter your payment details, and follow the indications in the page. Selecting a plan and submitting your payment information is an offer to conclude a contract. The contract itself is not concluded until you receive confirmation from us or until we activate your Professional Account, as described below.
Conclusion of Contract and Start of Subscription
Once your payment has been received, your Professional Account will be activated, and we will send confirmation by email to the address associated with your account.
The contract for your Professional Account is concluded when you receive our confirmation email (or when we activate your account, if this happens first), not when you make your payment.
Fees for Professional Accounts and gift codes are payable in advance and will be taken at the time the contract is concluded as described above. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal and/or any other payment method that is presented to you during the purchase process.
Term and Renewal
Annual accounts run for twelve months from the date on which your Professional Account is activated, and your subscription will be renewed automatically at the end of that twelve month period, unless you choose to end terminate the contract and delete your account, which you can do from the “Professional Plan” tab on your Settings page on the Website.
The expiry date of your Professional Account is also displayed under the “Premium Account” tab on your Settings page, so you can keep track of your subscription.
Upgrading your Professional Account
If you wish to upgrade from “Light” or “Professional” or from one type of “Professional” to the other type such as “VIP” or “Pro”, you may do so at any time within the “Premium Account” tab on your Settings page on the Website. Your new “Professional” subscription will start after your payment has been processed and your new plan will be activated immediately, irrespective of any remaining time on your old “Professional” plan. We cannot offer you any refund for your old “Professional” plan, but if you upgrade your yearly plan, we may offer you a discount depending on the remaining time on your previous plan.
14 Days Trial
Model instructions on withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. If you requested to begin the performance of services during the withdrawal period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been provided until you have communicated us your withdrawal from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
Changes to Pricing and Features
We may occasionally need to change the features of our Professional Accounts and/or change the prices charged for these accounts. In the event of any increase in the price or material reduction in the features of any Professional Account to which you subscribe, we will communicate these change(s) to you at least six (6) weeks in advance and the changes will only take effect with respect to any subsequent renewal of your subscription.
Last amended: 22 December 2015